Standard Paints was incorporated in 1952 in Dallas, Texas. The initial location of the plant was at 1107 W. Commerce Street, several miles from the downtown district.
Production in the early years was approximately 1,000 gallons per day.
At Standard Paints providing quality at an affordable price has always been a governing factor in manufacturing, and is a likely reason why the company still supplies some of its original customers after more than 40 years.
In August of 1999 Standard Paints relocated to 940 South Sixth Street in Mansfield, Texas.
Today, with the new production facility, daily capacity exceeds 10,000 gallons per day. Bulk capacity for Resins and Solvents in the excess of 60,000 gallons, contained within environmentally compliant tank farm.
The facility provides flexibility for management and marketing to accommodate a variety of product mixes, as well as increased adaptability to meet changing market conditions. The facility incorporates the latest in employee safety and environmental compliance to meet the challenges years to come.
Within Standard Paints's expanded laboratory, Chemists test production batches to stringent specifications for formula accuracy, product consistency and quality control. Standard Paints is actively abreast of the latest developments in the coatings industry.
With our in-house testing Standard Paints can perform numerous ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) forms of testing meeting the many requirements demanded by our customers.